I believe I have all the minimum parts required in order to get the router working, including a serial card, collets and a few router bits.
This weekends mission is simple, get the damn thing working…
Objectives this weekend:
- Setup Router Hardware
- Setup CNC control software (mach 3)
- Generate a simple CAD file using CATIA and generate a toolpath.
Subsequent tasks will include purchasing 6.35mm router bits, and finishing the design for the vacuum table.
Shopping list for this weekend:
- Router Bits
- Another pelican case (maybe)
- MDF cut to 440mm x 240mm squares
Further thought required – What software combination to use:
- CAD : CATIA, CAM : CATIA
- CAD : SW, CAM : SW
- CAD : Autodesk Fusion, CAM: Autodesk Fusion.
- CAD : SW / CATIA, CAM : Autodesk Fusion.